Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 16, 2008

Wide Sargasso Sea; Jean Rhys


Novel.

This book is a head spinner. Something like a gothic novel but in a Carribean atmosphere. It’s about a little girl of European descent who lives in Jamaica with her mother, father, and her black servents. The life goes in circles, the little girl grows, they arrange a marriage with a proud man for her, and that’s as far as I’ll tell you. THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL STORY ABOUT A POOR LITTLE PRINCESS, it has profundity and psychology. Jean Rhys writes very well and gives it a sling, sophisticated and evolving atmosphere. The end is very well worked.

A friend promised that she was going to loan me the book, and she kept promising to loan it to me, and nothing… I ended up having to buy it online. Anyways, I’m thankful because if she had loaned it to me, I would have never given it back, which usually happens with books.

If you want, you can comment here.

No comments: