Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 16, 2008

Long Sentences and Commas Rock my Socks!

Hey!

Here are a few quick translator's comments.

The Spanish language is really cool because it is perfectly acceptable and even considered good writing to have really long sentences. (Of course in English, long sentences are looked upon as being wordy and are difficult to follow.) In an attempt to be closer to the original language, I have tried to keep as many long sentences as possible. Be patient and learn to enjoy the longer sentences when you encounter them.

Another interesting language difference: commas are used more sparsely in Spanish. I have added a few for clarity, but I have not put in as many as would be typical for English writing, so that may take a bit to adjust to.

I just wanted to let the grammar-conscience readers know that these common little "errors" are intentional to stay closer to the original Spanish writing.

Also, I will try to include poetry or quotes in English as a translation, as well as in the original language.

Thanks! Adrienne

1 comment:

Rosalba said...

qI am enjoying your blog!
I think the same than you: The commas and the long sentences rock!